Why do I need this medicine?
Xylometazoline nasal spray or drops helps relieve nasal congestion due to allergies or common cold.
How do I use this medicine?
Use Xylometazoline exactly as directed by your doctor or according to the instructions on the label. Do not use more or less than instructed by your doctor.
This medicine is available as a solution in nasal drop or in nasal spray.
To use the nasal drops, follow these steps:
- Blow your nose gently before using the drops.
- Shake the bottle well.
- Tilt your head back and instill the recommended dose into the affected nose. Keep your head tilted for a few minutes to allow the medicine to spread throughout the nose.
To use the nasal spray, follow these steps:
- Remove the cover and press the pump a few times until a full and even spray is produced.
- With your head on an upright position, place nozzle into your nostril and ensure firm fit.
- Administer the recommended dose into your nostril by pressing the pump.
- Wipe and cap the nasal spray.
Make sure you know how to use your nasal drops or spray. If you have problems or do not understand the instructions, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
Do not use this medicine beyond the recommended days of administration. Your doctor will advise you of the treatment timeframe.
Do not share your nasal spray or drops with others as it could spread infection.