Why do I need this medicine?
Olopatadine is used to treat redness and irritation of the eyes associated with allergic conjunctivitis (inflammation of the membrane covering the white part of the eye).
How do I use this medicine?
Use Olopatadine exactly as directed by your doctor or according to the instructions on the label. Do not administer more or less than instructed by your doctor.
How to use the eye drop solution:
1. Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water before using the eye drop.
2. Shake the bottle well before applying.
3. Tilt your head slightly backwards and with the index finger, pull the lower eyelid away from the eye to form a pouch and look upward.
4. Instill the required number of drops inside the lower eyelid. Blink your eyes a few times to spread the solution over your eyes. Repeat on the other eye if required.
5. Close your eyes and wipe the excess solution with a clean tissue. Do not allow the tip of the dropper of this medicine to touch your eyes, eyelids or any other surface.
6. Recap the eye drop immediately after use. If the eye drop becomes contaminated, it could cause an infection in your eyes.
Do not share your eye drops with anyone.