Why do I need this medicine?
Ketotifen is used to treat symptoms caused by allergic conjunctivitis (inflammation of the mucous membranes in the eye), such as itchiness, watery or swollen eyes.
How do I use this medicine?
Use Ketotifen exactly as directed by your doctor or according to the instructions on the label. Do not take more or less than instructed by the doctor.
How to use the eye drop solution:
1. Wash your hands.
2. Tilt you head back and, with the index finger, pull the lower eyelid away from the eye to form a pouch and look upwards.
3. Hold the dropper with the other hand, as close to the eye as possible without touching it. Gently squeeze the dropper to release the required number of drops into the pouch.
4. Gently close your eyes. Do not blink. Keep your eyes closed for 1 or 2 minutes.
5. Wipe any excess liquid from your face with a tissue.
6. Replace and tighten the cap of the bottle.
Do not touch/wipe/rinse the dropper tip, and do not let the dropper tip touch the eye, eyelids, or other surfaces.