Why do I need this medicine?
Nicotine nasal spray helps you to stop smoking by reducing the withdrawal symptoms associated with smoking cessation.
This medicine is meant to be taken as part of a complete smoking cessation programme that should include patient education and counselling.
How do I use this medicine?
Use Nicotine nasal spray exactly as directed by your doctor or according to the instructions on the label. Do not use more or less than instructed by your doctor.
How to use the nasal spray:
- Blow your nose if your nose is not clear.
- Remove the protective cover.
- If you are using the nasal spray for the first time or if you have not used it for 2-3 days, prime the spray. Put the nozzle in between the first and second fingers with the thumb on the base of the nasal spray. Firmly press the nozzle a few times until a fine spray appears. When priming, point the spray safely away from you.
- Tilt your head slightly backwards and insert the tip into one nostril.
- Breath through your mouth and have the recommended dose by firmly pressing the nozzle. Do not sniff, inhale or swallow while spraying. Spray to the other nostril in a similar manner.
- Put on the protective cover.
The dose of this medicine will be decided by your doctor. Your doctor will advise you on the treatment timeframe depending on your condition.
Nicotine nasal spray must be used regularly for it to be effective. Continue using this medicine even when you feel better. Do not stop using it suddenly as this may worsen your condition.